Friday, January 28, 2011

VA - Victims Of The Modern Age - Food Not Bombs Comp

VA - Victims Of The Modern Age - Food Not Bombs Comp

Today's offering is brought to you by one of my many failed ventures. Basically, the story behind this one is I ran a (kind of) label out of NJ called DAB Records (Drunk And Broke Records, which was appropriate because I was at the time). One day, my friend Angelo and I decided we would do a comp that would feature a lot of our friends bands. We started contacting bands locally to see what kind of responses we could get. The response was good so we then began contacting bands throughout the country we were fans of and to say the least, it went really well. One minor detail we overlooked after pressing this was how the hell we would sell it? I still have 2 boxes of about 400 of this CD sitting in my closet. Lesson learned. Enjoy!

Track Listing:
01 - Fifteen - Food Not Bombs
02 - Kid Dynamite - ko5-0564
03 - White Kaps - Lucky Strike
04 - The Unseen - Coincidence Or Consequence
05 - Blanks 77 - I Wanna Be A Punk
06 - Anti-Flag - 20 Years Of Hell
07 - Clump - Killer Monkeys From Hell
08 - Reagan Squad - Put It To Death
09 - Splurge - For Huey With Love And Squalor
10 - I Farm - Quit It
11 - Useless Fucks, The - Never Happy
12 - Furious George - The French Mistake
13 - Microwave Orphans - Busted Amps
14 - Supermatchboxx - Way Back When
15 - Dodge The Deathray - I'm Not You
16 - Stick Figure Suicide - Not Give Up
17 - Overdrives, The - Earl Shives
18 - 48 In The Basement - Clair's
19 - Lipmonger - Don't Forget The Ninjas
20 - Boxcar - The Complete Guide To Home Bartending
21 - A Boy Called Spite - Pest
22 - Teenage Supplicants - Can't Stand It
23 - On The Might Of Princes - The Absentee Ballot
24 - Sax 9 - Canal Street
25 - Space Robot Scientist - Fuck You Doctor
26 - Slappy - When You Were
27 - Hatrick - First Priority
28 - Yellowcard - Sorry Try Again
29 - Blind Society - American Justice
30 - Loiterers, The - Tv Zombies
31 - Goons, The - Self Destruct
32 - Cuffs, The - Hit The Streets
33 - Just Because - For You

Download

5 comments:

  1. hey if you have copies of this i would really like one cause my old bands on it and i had no idea this even was made haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man, send me your address and I would be more than happy to send you some copies . . donald.dolby@gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gerge, how did you not know about this? This comp got me into Fifteen. you did. your just getting senile. Haha, anyway I got like 10 of em too, so if you want one, its yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete