Monday, January 10, 2011

Wasted Time - When It Was Fun

Wasted Time - When It Was Fun

Wasted Time was one of those bands where when you went to see them you knew you were going to have a good time.  To my knowledge, "When It Was Fun" is the only release this band had (but I could be wrong).  This band was pretty much the definition of "pop-punk" with their catchy chorus' and mandatory cover songs.  If I remember correctly, their bassist "Bunky" threw a number of local shows in his basement.  I remember seeing this band numerous times when growing up including one distinct memory of some outdoor venue that turned into a cheesy dance club after the show.  Ahh, Long Island.  Enjoy!

Download

6 comments:

  1. I have to say, their track "Heathcliff" was in an old cd I had about 13-14 years ago, it was by Virtual Comics...The Call me the Skul. It was basically a virtual comic book with some mini-games, but it included three songs and this was the only one I didn't know the name or band of...I just recently found out, ahh 14 years and well worth it! You seem to perhaps know them...do they have a facebook or active e-mail so I can thank them for creating this fine music?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun fact, Grass Records (shortly after putting this out) became Wind-Up Records and signed a little Florida band called Creed. WOOF! Another Long Island '90s classic, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THIS ALBUM! This blog is killin' it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. anyone have the lyrics to Buckle Up?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I'm the bassist "bunky". We do not have a Facebook but maybe I should start one? Glad you all enjoyed the CD, we had so much fun playing shows back in the day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey..I'm Paulie talent buyer and G.M of ORCA promotions and booking. I booked those cheeky punk shows at suburbia in Farmingdale and they were just as fun as the ones at the pwac, but there were more girls at my shows. ..

    ReplyDelete